How does the ReIgnite weight loss supplement work?
The Reignite weight loss supplement claims to boost energy and help people lose weight. Does it really deliver on this promise?
The company behind the product says that ReIgnite is based on a real-world application of the science of mitochondria, which are tiny energy-generating organelles within our cells.
The company says that Relgnite will boost your energy levels, help you lose weight, and improve your overall health, but does it work?
In this article, we’ll look at what Relgnite does and whether or not there is any scientific evidence to back up these claims.
What is ReIgnite?
Reignite is a dietary supplement that claims to help you lose weight by boosting mitochondrial function.
You can purchase it directly from the manufacturer and other online retailers and affiliates.
According to one of their product affiliate websites, Reignite is a combination of these natural ingredients:
– Apple Cider Vinegar ACV 700mg
– Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 200mg
– Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) Seed Extract 50mg
– Ginger ( Zingiberofficinale), Rhizome 100mg
– Caffeine (from Green Coffee Beans), 40mg
– Dynamine Methylliberine 25mg
– Fucoxanthin (from Seaweed) 10% 25mg
– Grapefruit ( Citrus paradise Whole Fruit Pectin 5. mg
– Citrus aurantium Fruit Extract 50% Citrus Bioflavonoids 5mg
– Gardenia Fruit Extracts 5mg
– Phellodendron amurense Berberine
– Black Pepper
– Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract 95% Curcuminoids 40mg (Source)
However, as mentioned above, the Reignite components cannot be found on the product website as claimed.
Moreover, the claim that these ingredients “are clinically proven to boost metabolism and burn fat” is not scientifically proven.
The website stated that the product could be “simply taken with a glass of water first thing in the morning.” However, the website does not specify the appropriate dosage.
How does ReIgnite work for weight loss?
Reignite works by helping you to lose weight and boost your metabolism, increasing your energy levels and reducing cravings.
The company’s website explains that it does this using a proprietary blend of ingredients but does not list them in detail and has no evidence to back up its claims.
What are the components of ReIgnite?
– Apple Cider Vinegar ACV 700mg: Apple cider vinegar may contribute to weight loss by promoting satiety, lowering blood sugar, and reducing insulin levels, but more research is needed to ascertain this claim (1).
– Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 200mg: Chromium is believed to help the body process carbohydrates and fats (1)
– Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) Seed Extract 50mg: Black seed oil has been shown to have many health benefits and may aid in the following conditions:
– High Cholesterol
– Metabolic Syndrome
– Autoimmune Disorders
– Ginger ( Zingiber Officinale), Rhizome 100mg. It is said to be effective in treating the following:
– sore throats,
– muscular aches,
– pains, vomiting,
– fever and infectious diseases. (3)
Additional ingredients & effects of ReIgnite
– Caffeine (from Green Coffee Beans), 40mg: Many research also suggests that green coffee bean extract could have health benefits, such as improving blood pressure, and cholesterol levels and reducing body weight(4)
– Dynamine Methylliberine 25mg: A study shows that Combining Dynamine and coffee might be more effective and improve Mood, Energy, Fatigue, Alertness, Focus, Creativity, Concentration, and Motivation, while decaf coffee alone only improved minimal effects (5)
– Fucoxanthin (from Seaweed) 10% 25mg: A study carried out on humans showed the effects of fucoxanthin on weight loss. In one study, the combination of 300 mg pomegranate seed oil and 300 mg brown seaweed extract containing 2.4 mg fucoxanthin showed weight loss effects. When obese women were treated with this combination of ingredients for 16 days, their body weight and liver fat content decreased (6) (7).
– Grapefruit (Citrus paradise Whole Fruit Pectin 5. Mg: Grapefruit has been proven effective for weight loss and other medical conditions, but with limited evidence (8).
– Citrus aurantium Fruit Extract 50% Citrus Bioflavonoids 5mg: More studies and clinical trials on bitter orange’s weight loss properties (synephrine) are required because the pieces of evidence provided are mixed (9)
– Gardenia Fruit Extracts 5mg: One of Gardenia Fruit Extracts ingredient (Geniposide) is known to be effective in inhibiting body weight gain and enhancing abnormal lipid levels, high insulin levels, impaired glucose intolerance, and insulin resistance (10).
– Phellodendron amurense Berberine: a scientist has confirmed that it has fantastic benefits for lots of different health challenges, including weight loss(11) (12)
– Black Pepper: The ingredient in black pepper known as piperine may help stop fat by preventing the formation of new fat cells (13)
– Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract 95% Curcuminoids 40mg: Recent studies show that turmeric extracts can help in weight loss(14)
Is the ReIgnite weight loss supplement FDA approved?
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the statements made regarding these products.
The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research, and individual results may vary.
Hence, it is not an FDA-approved product yet!
We recommend you consult your dietician or doctor before making your final decision on the ReIgnite weight loss supplement purchase.
What about mitochondria boosting, as claimed by ReIgnite manufacturers?
Mitochondria boosting supplements are a type of supplement intended to help improve the energy levels in your body.
The main ingredients in these types of supplements are typically vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
These ingredients are designed to increase the energy produced by your body and make you feel more alert throughout the day.
Mitochondria are where most of your body’s oxidative stress occurs. Oxidative stress, in turn, increases disease prevalence.
You must keep your mitochondria healthy to live a longer, healthier life!
There are several micronutrients required in mitochondrial function, and these include:
– B vitamins,
– Ascorbic acid,
– Coenzyme Q10,
– Lipoic acid,
Therefore, you must get an adequate intake of the above nutrients from well-balanced diets and workout plans. (source).
How do boosted mitochondria connect with weight loss?
Weight loss has a lot to do with mitochondrial boosting.
Mitochondria are little organelles that live inside your cells and help them produce energy, which is what you need for all your metabolic processes.
A slowed metabolism leads to weight gain and other problems like diabetes and heart disease.
So how does mitochondrial boosting help with weight loss? It increases your metabolic rate, so you burn more calories and fat throughout the day.
It can help you lose weight quicker and easier than ever before!
When you eat healthy foods and exercise often, the muscles will burn fat better, which helps you lose weight.
Thus, the more fat you burn, the higher your energy level. The extra energy will also boost digestion and nutrient absorption.
In addition, losing weight also decreases insulin resistance so your body can use food properly (Source).
Who can use the ReIgnite weight loss supplement?
Consult with your doctors or learn about your genetic makeup before using any supplements, including Reignite.
Do not give ReIgnite to children under 18 years old.
Additionally, ReIgnite may cause adverse effects for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
Product safety concerns exist because ReIgnite is not fully clinically tested and verified.
– 60-day money-back guarantee and 48-hour refunds for product dissatisfaction.
– Use it for at least 90-180 days for long-term effectiveness
– ReIgnite is a potentially effective mitochondrial booster
– It is a potential fat-burning supplement
– Serves as a body stimulant
– This supplement targets the cellular energy barriers behind unwanted weight gain
– Mitochondrial improvement shown in a matter of days
– It helps remove the most stubborn belly fat and reduces metabolism
– Saves costs of gym membership since it claims to not require exercise
– Ability to enjoy your favorite diets and foods without fear of gaining weight
– May give you the ideal body shape
– Works for anyone above 18
– There’s not enough information on their website to recommend it for weight loss
– No physical contact is provided on the website, except on the product label
– The significant reviews were based on their affiliate’s reviewer and remarks
– You can find only three users reviews on their website
– No scientific proof to back up their claims
– No proof of FDA approval
– Might not be suitable for everyone as claimed
– No clinical trials on the product
– Only a 60-day money-back guarantee can trigger someone to buy this product
– ReIgnite is only available online
– It takes up to 5-7 days to get your order if you’re in the US
– ReIgnite shipment outside the US may take 8-15 days
What are the health benefits of ReIgnite weight loss supplement?
Benefits of ReIgnite Weight Loss supplement include:
– Weight loss is not just about the number on the scale.
– ReIgnite will help you lose weight in a way that doesn’t require extreme dieting or exercise.
– Increased energy levels
– Better mood and sleep quality
– Enhanced focus and concentration
– Strengthened mental clarity
– Improved cell energy
– It promises quick weight loss
What are the side effects of ReIgnite weight loss supplement?
According to the ReIgnite website, the product has no adverse side effects. Still, a study conducted in 2021 by a medical research organization warned individuals to stay-off fat burner supplement drugs. Researchers say to avoid fat burners because they don’t make their fat cells magically disappear.
Instead, they work by helping weight loss in other ways that may be harmful to your health in the long run.
Aside from that, here are the likely side effects of the ReIgnite weight loss supplement based on the ingredients:
Main Ingredients & their effects
– Apple Cider Vinegar may cause some side effects (1)
– Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate): Some studies using cell cultures have claimed that chromium picolinate causes oxidative stress and DNA damage (2)
– Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) Seed Extract: It may cause nausea and bloating (1) (2). Black cumin may interact with medications processed through the cytochrome P450 pathway, like warfarin (Coumadin) and metoprolol (4) (5). it may also potentially cause acute kidney failure (6)
– Ginger ( Zingiber Officinale), Rhizome: It may cause these side effects. The feeling of burning mouth and throat, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and heartburn. (7)
– Caffeine (from Green Coffee Beans): The caffeine in green coffee is like the caffeine in brewed coffee and can cause side effects such as headache, stomach upset, and Anxiety.
Use of caffeine is not recommended for people with these health conditions: Glaucoma, Anxiety, Diabetes, High blood pressure, Irritable bowel syndrome, Osteoporosis, bleeding disorders, pregnant women, and breastfeeding mothers (8)
Additional Ingredients & their effects
– Dynamine Methylliberine: This study shows that Dynamine may contain side effects like caffeine (9)
– Fucoxanthin (from Seaweed): No side effects have been reported on fucoxanthin because only one clinical trial on mice has been conducted on it(10), which means more studies need to be done to ascertain its effectiveness for weight loss.
– Grapefruit (Citrus paradise Whole Fruit Pectin: Grapefruit has been proven effective for weight loss and other medical conditions, but with limited evidence (11).
– Citrus aurantium Fruit Extract 50% Citrus Bioflavonoids: Many sports groups like the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) have banned athletes from using it due to the presence of body stimulants (“synephrine”) content in it.(12) (13)
– Not recommended for people with a medical condition like high blood pressure, an irregular heartbeat, or glaucoma (14)
– It contains furanocoumarin, an ingredient that may cause the same medication interactions as grapefruit juice(15)
– Gardenia Fruit Extracts: This extract does not show adverse side effects from the manufacturer’s side. However, the data from other sources tells another story. Here are some potentially harmful side effects of this extract, as shown in other studies:
– Headache (16)
– Phellodendron amurense Berberine: It might cause heartburn, tiredness, headache, shaking hands, sexual dysfunction, or thyroid dysfunction. (17)
– Black Pepper: The Piperine, a chemical in black pepper, may cause a bleeding condition (18)
– Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract 95% Curcuminoids: People who take large doses can have side effects, such as allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, constipation, skin rash, or diarrhea(19)
Conclusion & next steps
Many studies have proved that people cannot achieve sustainable, significant, and long-term weight loss with mere supplements except through a DNA health testing kit.
Based on the available evidence, Reignite does not seem to work for everyone as claimed because there is nothing to support their claims or the efficacy of this supplement.
As such, we only propose consuming ReIgnite after consulting your physician.
However, do not lose hope in finding ways to lose weight efficiently! The best way to understand how your body processes macros and loses weight is with a DNA nutrition and fitness test offered by HealthCodes DNA.
The question: Is genetic testing necessary for your weight loss journey?
Yes! It is vital to learn how genes affect your health. By understanding your DNA, you will achieve weight loss goals faster. Additionally, you will not need to make unnecessary sacrifices or mistakes during your weight loss journey.
DNA profiling is a convenient and affordable way to learn vital information about how you respond to certain foods. Imagine the convenience of knowing which nutrients will help your body maintain a healthy weight!
HealthCodes DNA will build your DNA test results with a custom diet and workout plan that befits your unique needs and lifestyle.
Learn more about how genetic testing can further empower your weight loss from HealthCodes DNA.